1. What is copy trading?
Copy trading is a portfolio management tool that allows traders to copy the trading strategies of expert investors. It makes futures trading easier for newcomers while providing a platform where veteran traders can get a share of the profit their followers earn.
2. Which margin mode can I use for copy trading?
Copy trading only supports the isolated margin mode at present.
3. What is the size of my copy orders?
Each of your copy orders will contain a fixed number of contracts which you can decide in copy settings.
4. Do I need to pass the KYC verification before I start copy trading?
Neither followers nor lead traders are required to pass the KYC verification.
5. Can I copy more than one lead trader?
No. A follower is only allowed to copy one lead trader at a time.
6. What fees should I pay for copy trading?
Apart from the ordinary futures trading fees charged by Poloniex, no extra fees will be incurred during copy trading.
7. Which account should I transfer funds to if I want to start copy trading?
You need to transfer your funds to the copy trade account first.
8. Can I use futures trial funds and coupons for copy trading?
Futures trial funds and coupons cannot be used for copy trading.
9. Can I adjust the margin when I am copying a trader?
No. You are not allowed to adjust the margin manually when you are copying a trader, nor can you turn on the Auto-Deposit Margin mode.
10. Will my copy positions be affected when the lead trader's positions undergo forced liquidation?
Yes. When forced liquidation is triggered for a lead trader's positions, the followers' copy positions will also be closed. Nevertheless, followers' copy positions being forced-liquidated will not affect the lead trader's positions.
11. As a follower, how do I stop copying a lead trader?
Followers must close all copy positions before they stop copying a lead trader.