To foster an enhanced trading environment, Poloniex has been consistently strengthening its risk control capabilities to address various risky activities and accounts.
If you encounter restrictions on certain account features, please follow the guidelines below.
I. Platform-imposed Restrictions
If your account or trading activity triggers our risk control rules, we may limit part or all of your account's features. In such instances, please submit the requested documentation and complete the verification process. Alternatively, you can contact our customer support team for assistance.
Part or all of your account's features may be limited if you:
1. Change your account's 2FA. This action will disable the withdrawal service for 24 hours.
2. Cancel three or more buy orders within a single day in fiat trading. Consequently, you will be unable to use fiat to buy crypto until 00:00 (UTC+8) on the following day.
3. Violate Poloniex OTC Transaction Policy. In such cases, limitations will be imposed for 1 to 30 days, after which they will be automatically lifted. Otherwise, you can contact our customer support team to unfreeze your account. To prevent such limitations, you should strictly follow our trading rules. For more details, see Poloniex OTC Transaction Policy.
4. Trigger our risk control system. This will impose a withdrawal limit on your account for a specific time period, which will be automatically lifted once the duration has passed.
5. Have benefited from an OTC order as a result of the counterparty making an overpayment or mistakenly releasing cryptos to the wrong user. This will limit certain features of your account.To lift such limitations, you can resolve the dispute directly with the counterparty or seek assistance from our customer support team.
6. Trigger our anti-money laundering system. This will also limit certain features of your account. Please refer to the Risk Control section in Poloniex OTC Transaction Policy to understand the potential reasons for such limitations.
II. Legal Restrictions
To ensure a compliant and secure trading environment, Poloniex strictly adheres to the legal requirements of each country and region. In the event of receiving a freeze request from a judicial authority, we will impose restrictions on certain or all account features and freeze assets accordingly. To unfreeze your assets, please contact our customer support team and collaborate with the judicial authority during their investigations.
At Poloniex, we will further enhance our risk control system and strategies and intensify our efforts in combating illegal and illicit practices, as well as high-risk trading activities and accounts. By doing so, we aim to create a safer trading environment for all our users.