- Open the Poloniex app and log in. In the bottom right select Wallet > In the new display select Deposit > Select the coin you wish to deposit.
- If multiple networks are available for transfer, select the network you wish to use to generate your deposit address/QR code. [Please see the important notes below]
- Visit the withdrawal page on your original wallet or exchange and enter your copied Poloniex deposit address or scan the QR code.
- In the top right panel of the page select Wallet > Select Deposit > Choose the coin you wish to deposit.
- Select the network you wish to use to generate your deposit address/QR code. [Please see the important notes below]
- Copy your Poloniex deposit wallet address and/or additional payment ID/QR code.
- Visit the withdrawal page on your origin wallet or exchange, and enter your copied Poloniex deposit address/scan the QR code.
After 1 year, any unused deposit address may be deleted from your account, made inactive, or used for another purpose. If you deposit to an address unassigned to your account, you can and will lose access to these funds. Always check deposit addresses before depositing any currency.
Individual currency requirements:
Some currencies have additional memos, fields, payload, and minimum deposit requirements. Please pay attention to these rules and exceptions before making deposits.
Double-check the network, type of coin, wallet address you are transferring to and from
The most common deposit error is sending coins to an incompatible deposit address. For instance, do NOT send BTC to an ETH deposit address because this would result in a loss of funds. If a coin you intend to transfer offers multiple network selections, please make sure that it's supported on both sending and receiving end of the transfer. Please make sure you deposit to the deposit address of the correct coin type and network. Failure to adhere to these guidelines could result in your deposit being lost forever.
Checking deposit status
Depending on network congestion, it usually does not take more than 4 hours to complete. You may look at 'Deposit History' to view the progress of a transaction.
Your account balance will be updated once the deposit is complete.
What are confirmations?
In essence, confirmations refer to the rate transactions occur through block generation. For BTC, a block is generated and confirmed roughly every ten minutes. This number varies from coin to coin. Each block contains information regarding recent transactions. Transactions are batched in blocks as a way of storing the information and ensuring immutability. On a high level, confirmations refer to the rate a coin network is updated.
For more information on confirmations, please refer to this article HERE.