As part of our continuous effort to improve the performance of the exchange and better serve our customers, we may delist certain assets from time to time. We delist assets as part of our mission to provide customers with access to the most innovative projects that fuel the industry and to ensure the assets meet the high standards of our customers.
Every so often we may delist an asset if the project no longer satisfies certain important criteria that we look for in our listed assets. These criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Low trade volume on the exchange
- Compromised network security that presents liability for us and our customers
- Deteriorating developer support for the project
- Prohibitive cost to upgrading and/or continuing to support the project
- Lawsuits, enforcement actions or other legal issues that the project faces
Our goal for all delistings is to make this process as painless as possible for customers, which is why we endeavour, wherever possible, to:
- Provide you with seven days advance notice before delisting an asset
- Give holders of the impacted assets at least 30 calendar days to withdraw their delisted assets
- Send email reminders during the period leading up to the withdrawal deadline
There may be times when customers are unable to withdraw delisted assets for reasons outside of our control, such as when a network is no longer live. We recognize that these can be frustrating for customers and will review these on a case by case basis to determine an appropriate course of action. For instance, we may endeavor to hold the delisted funds and online them in the future should the network become operational again.
Once the withdrawal deadline for a particular asset has been reached, withdrawals will be disabled and the asset will be fully decommissioned. From that point forward, we will no longer process withdrawals of impacted assets. As such, it is imperative that customers withdraw all of their delisted tokens prior to the withdrawal deadline.
We greatly appreciate your support as we continue to improve the trading experience on Poloniex.