Scammers are always looking for ways to replicate Poloniex communications and channels in an attempt to access your personal information and account. It’s important for you to know how to identify legitimate Poloniex websites, social media profiles, and communications to keep your account secure.
Below are all of our legitimate channels, how we will communicate with you, and some common red flags to look out for to identify a phishing attempt. We will continue to update this list as we add or change communication methods.
Website & Mobile Apps
Look for poloniex.com in the URL and be sure that there are no alternate letters or numbers meant to look like Poloniex; for example, a capital i instead of a lowercase l. You should also look out for the lock symbol in your address bar as all of our websites have this.
If you are on a site that looks like Poloniex but does not have a lock in the address bar, you are likely on a phishing site.
Our legitimate websites are:
- Primary: https://poloniex.com
- Chinese: https://pwang.com, https://pwangcn.com/, and https://pwangzh.com/
- API Documentation: https://docs.poloniex.com
- Support: https://support.poloniex.com
- Careers: https://poloniex.careers
- Blog: https://medium.com/Poloniex
- PoloniDEX: https://poloniex.org
Our mobile apps can be downloaded via these links:
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/poloniex/id1234141021
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plunien.poloniex
- For users who don’t have access to the Google Play store, you can find our most recent APK at https://poloniex.com.
We have many social media channels which scammers will often try to impersonate. While our legitimate accounts will be verified whenever possible, some of our accounts (like our support Twitter) have not yet been able to be verified. Our legitimate social media accounts are below. Look closely at the account handle and URL when interacting with a social account to make sure it is one of ours.
- @Poloniex: https://twitter.com/Poloniex
- @PoloSupport: https://twitter.com/PoloSupport
- @Poloneers: https://twitter.com/Poloneers
- @PoloniDEX: https://twitter.com/PoloniDEX
- Poloniex Announcements: https://t.me/PoloniexAnnouncements
- Poloniex English: https://t.me/poloniexenglish
- Poloniex Chinese: https://t.me/PoloniexChinese
- Poloniex Russian: https://t.me/poloniex_russian
Phishing emails are incredibly common and can be very difficult to spot. We only have a couple of email addresses that we will use to contact you. Below are some tips to help you identify whether an email is legitimate.
While email addresses are not foolproof, the first step in verifying a Poloniex email is to look out for these email addresses as the sender:
You should also pay close attention to the content of the email. We will never ask you to send us money, reply to an email with your login information, or give us access to your account in any way. If you are receiving an unsolicited email like this claiming to be from Poloniex, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org before clicking any links or replying to that email.
Another way to verify an email is by looking at the links included. Our emails will only link to websites, mobile apps, or social media profiles included in this article. If you see any other URLs included in an email from Poloniex, do not click them until you are able to verify that the email is legitimate.
The only ways to get in touch with our support team are @PoloSupport on Twitter, by visiting support.poloniex.com, or by emailing email@example.com. We will never direct you to email an email address with yahoo.com, gmail.com, or anything other than poloniex.com. Any person claiming to be from our support team that does this is not legitimate.
We do not currently offer phone support, support through Telegram DMs, SMS, or any other channel that is not found in this article. If you are ever unsure about the legitimacy of a communication, website, channel, or find someone claiming to offer support for Poloniex in any of these forms, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help before replying to the message or entering account information.