Following our announcement that we’re listing BitTorrent (BTT) soon, we’re excited to announce that we also will begin supporting the BitTorrent Foundation’s monthly airdrop program for our TRON (TRX) holders. Our customers who hold at least 100 TRX at 00:00 UTC on the 11th of each month will receive an airdrop of BTT.
Airdrop Support Coming Soon
We will support the first BTT airdrop following our listing in mid-February.
Calculating Your Airdrop Amount
The amount of BTT received by each Poloniex TRX holder is determined using the following calculation:
BTT Airdrop Amount = [(TRX held by customer during snapshot / Total TRX held by Poloniex during snapshot) * Total BTT received by Poloniex]
BitTorrent Airdrops a Fixed Amount Each Month
The BitTorrent Foundation airdrops a set amount of BTT to all TRX holders each month. The monthly amount increases each year as follows.
- February 11, 2020 (UTC): 990,000,000 BTT airdropped
- March 11, 2020 - February 11, 2021 (UTC): 1,072,500,000 BTT airdropped each month
- March 11, 2021 - February 11, 2022 (UTC): 1,155,000,000 BTT airdropped each month
- March 11, 2022 - February 11, 2023 (UTC): 1,237,500,000 BTT airdropped each month
- March 11, 2023 - February 11, 2024 (UTC): 1,320,000,000 BTT airdropped each month
- March 11, 2024 - February 11, 2025 (UTC): 1,402,500,000 BTT airdropped each month
For more information on BitTorrent’s airdrops check out their announcement.
Terms & Conditions
- You must have at least 100 TRX in your Poloniex wallet at the time of each snapshot to receive your monthly BTT airdrop.
- Pending deposits or withdrawals of TRX at the time of each snapshot will not count towards your TRX balance. Please leave enough time for deposits and withdrawals to complete prior to the snapshot on the 11th of each month.
- Your account must be in good standing (not closed or frozen) and not located in prohibited countries or jurisdictions highlighted in the Poloniex User Agreement
- BTT airdrops will be distributed to eligible customers within two weeks of us receiving the funds from the BitTorrent Foundation.