This campaign has ended as of February 16, 2020.
To celebrate BTT joining the Poloniex family, we’re kicking off our BitTorrent Trading Tournament!
From February 6, 2020 at 22:00 UTC to February 16, 2020 at 21:59 UTC, our customers can show off their trading skills with BitTorrent (BTT) and win big. All eligible BTT traders during the competition will win from a total prize pool of 100 million BTT!
We’re also airdropping 500 BTT to any existing customer who logs into their Poloniex account before February 16, 2020! The airdrops will be distributed within two weeks of February 16th.
Competition Period: 6th February 2020 at 22:00 UTC to 16th February 2020 at 21:59 UTC
Customers have 10 days, beginning on February 6th, to race to the top of our trading leaderboard by trading any of our new BTT markets on Poloniex.
During this trading competition, every eligible customer will be rewarded. Customers with trading volume (as defined in the Terms and Conditions below) at or above 2,500,000 BTT across all BTT pairs will win from a total prize pool of 100,000,000 BTT. In addition to the rewards for final rankings, we’re also giving out a bonus prize pool to the traders in 1st place at 00:00 UTC every day of the competition.
Prizes will be distributed within two weeks after the competition ends on February 16th.
Track your rank throughout the competition on our BitTorrent Trading Tournament leaderboard.
Terms & Conditions
1. Promotion is subject to the BitTorrent Trading Tournament Official Rules available at https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042912193 (the “Official Rules”).
2. Promotion Period: 10 days - 22:00 UTC on 6th February 2020 to 21:59 UTC on 16th February 2020.
3. Some users will be able to monitor their BitTorrent Trading Tournament position and ranking position on a page hosted on the Poloniex site. The requirements to be able to receive a Trading position and ranking position are as follows:
Users who have traded greater than or equal to 200,000 BTT in trading volume will be ranked among other qualifying users and will be able to see their cumulative trading volume amount.
In order to qualify for the “All Traders” shared prize pool, users must trade greater than or equal to 2,500,000 BTT in trading volume during the competition period.
While the aforementioned leaderboard data is scheduled to be updated on an hourly basis, please note that there could be latency delay.
4. “Trading Volume” is defined as the sum of a user’s total buys and sells on Poloniex. We calculate Trading Volume in the following way:
Trading Volume = Sum (executed buys of all BTT pairs) + Sum (executed sells of all BTT pairs)
Depositing or withdrawing via Poloniex will not be factored into the Trading Volume calculation.
5. Valid BTT markets that will count towards BitTorrent Trading Tournament volume: BTT/BTC, BTT/USDT, BTT/TRX.
6. For the “2nd - 21st Place” prize bracket, users that come in 2nd through 21st place will receive a portion of the pool proportional to their cumulative trading volume with respect to other users that qualify for that prize pool. Users in 2nd through 21st place are not eligible for the “All Traders” prize pool.
7. For the “All Traders” prize pool, users will receive a portion of the pool proportional to their cumulative trading volume with respect to other users that qualify for that prize pool.
8. For the “Daily Top Trader” prize pool, the users in first place each day of the competition at 00:00 UTC will receive a portion of the pool evenly split among all other top traders.
9. To be eligible for the BTT airdrop, you must have had a Poloniex account prior to February 6, 2020 at 00:00 UTC. You must also log into your Poloniex account prior to February 16, 2020 at 21:59 UTC.
10. Reward distribution: rewards will be distributed within two weeks after the Promotion ends.
11. We are unable to distribute rewards or airdrops to customer accounts that are frozen, closed, or based out of a country in our prohibited countries list. For further details, please refer to our Official Rules.
12. If we determine that an individual has used multiple accounts in order to win multiple prizes, we will distribute only one reward to that individual. We will distribute the more valuable of the two rewards, as determined by the USD value.
13. The rules and regulations of the promotion shall be subject to Poloniex’s final interpretative decision and we reserve the right to disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be cheating or violating any rules and regulations set by Poloniex. For further details, please refer to our Official Rules.