On June 8, 2020, we announced that we are giving customers a 25% discount on their trading fees when they pay for their fees with TRX. This article has answers to our frequently asked questions about how our TRX trading fee discounts work.
- How do I opt-in to TRX trading fee discounts?
You can opt-in to pay your trading fees with TRX in your Trading Tier Status page within your Settings. Make sure you have enough TRX in your exchange wallet in order to pay any trading fees and the discount will be applied to your account!
- How does the better fee tier based on my TRX balance work?
If you’re trading less than $50,000 over a 30 day period, there used to only be one fee tier option for you. Now, if you’re trading less than $50,000 and you hold at least $49 worth of TRX in your exchange account, you’ll move into Fee Tier 2. The USD equivalent of your TRX balance is calculated once daily based on the daily average TRX-USD price. In Fee Tier 2, you can still opt-in to paying your trading fees in TRX to receive an additional 25% discount.
- How much TRX do I need to hold in my account for the fee discount?
To receive the 25% discount, you will need to pay your trading fees in TRX. There is no fixed amount that you need to hold in order to receive this discount. If you do not have enough TRX to pay your trading fees for a trade, you will not receive the discount on those fees.
- My TRX is in my lending and/or margin wallet, will I be able to receive the discount?
Currently the discounts only apply to TRX held in your exchange wallet. Your TRX balance will be calculated based on your exchange wallet balance and all trading fees will be paid out from your exchange wallet.
- Will the discount apply to all fees I pay?
The discount will apply to your spot and margin trading fees.
- How can I see the 25% fee discount in my trade history?
You will be able to see the fees you paid on each trade within your Activity.
- Can I use other TRON network-based assets for reduced fees?
At this time, the discount only applies for TRX.