As our Poloniex Futures: Practice Makes Profits Trading Competition comes to a close, we hope you’ve been able to test out your Futures trading strategy and get familiar with trading on Poloniex Futures. We’re getting close to fully launching Poloniex Futures but we’ve heard such great feedback on our demo money phase that we want to give you all one more chance to test out trading. To make it even more interesting, we’re excited to announce that our next (and last) beta trading competition is beginning soon!
From July 28, 2020 at 13:00 UTC to August 4, 2020 at 11:59 UTC, our customers can use their Futures demo money to practice their trading skills and turn demo money into real earnings!
At the start of the competition, we’ll clear out any existing demo money from customers’ Poloniex Futures wallets and will give everyone who opts into the competition new 10,000 USDT in demo money. You can opt-in to the competition by enabling Futures trading and agreeing to the risks. To clear our existing demo money and ensure that all traders are starting on an even playing field, we’ll temporarily suspend trading on Poloniex Futures following our first trading competition on July 27th at 12:00 UTC until the competition begins.
Competition Period: July 28, 2020 at 13:00 UTC to August 4, 2020 at 11:59 UTC
Customers have 7 days, beginning on July 28th, to race to the top of our trading leaderboard by trading the most volume on Poloniex Futures.
During this competition, every Futures trader with at least 1,000 USDT in trading volume (as defined in the Terms and Conditions below) at the end of the competition will win from a total prize pool of 22,500 USDT! Our top 20 traders will also earn 30 days of discounted trading fees for Poloniex Futures once we fully launch in early August.
Prizes will be distributed into your Poloniex exchange wallet within two weeks after the competition ends on August 4th.
Terms & Conditions
- Promotion is subject to the Poloniex Futures: Beta Trading Competition Official Rules available at https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052204953 (the “Official Rules”).
- Promotion Period: 7 days - 13:00 UTC on 28th July 2020 to 11:59 UTC on 4th August 2020.
- Users who enable Poloniex Futures will receive 10,000 USDT in “demo money” after they agree to the Terms of trading futures. “Demo money” is not real money, has no value, cannot be converted into any other digital asset including Tether (USDT), and cannot be transferred out of your Poloniex Futures account. All “demo money” will be cleared from your account once the Promotion has ended.
- Ranked users will be able to monitor their position and rank on a page hosted on the Poloniex site. The requirements to be ranked are as follows:
- To qualify for ranking, users must have set up their Poloniex Futures account and have a cumulative trading volume of at least 100 USDT.
- While the leaderboard data is scheduled to be updated on an hourly basis, there could be minor latency delays.
- To qualify for any prize pool, users must be ranked and have a cumulative trading volume of at least 1,000 USDT over the competition period. “Trading Volume” is defined as the sum of all buys and sells users execute when trading on Poloniex Futures.
- Trading volume for a given trade is calculated using the size of the order multiplied by the price at which the order executed. Cumulative trading volume is calculated using the SUM of a user’s trading volume during the Promotion period.
- Deposits and withdrawals will not be taken into account when calculating Trading Volume.
- The only valid market that will count towards your Trading Volume is BTCUSDTPERP on Poloniex Futures.
- The total prize pool for this Promotion for all Participants is 22,500 USDT.
- For the “1st - 5th Places,” “6th - 20th Places,” “21st - 50th Places,” and “51st - 500th Places” prize pools, users who come in 1st through 500th place will receive a portion of the pool proportional to their cumulative trading volume with respect to other users that qualify for that prize pool. Users in 1st through 500th place are not eligible for the “All Traders” prize pool.
- For the “All Traders” prize pool, all eligible users will receive an evenly split amount of the pool among other users that qualify for this prize pool.
- Reward distribution: rewards will be distributed to the eligible Participants’ Poloniex account within two weeks after the Promotion ends.
- We are unable to distribute rewards or airdrops to customer accounts that are frozen, closed, or based in a prohibited country. For further details, please refer to our Official Rules, Section 1.
- If we determine that an individual has used multiple accounts in order to win multiple prizes, we will distribute only one reward to that individual. We will distribute the most valuable of the rewards, as determined by the USD value.
- The rules of the promotion shall be subject to Poloniex’s interpretations and decisions, which shall be final. We reserve the right to disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be cheating or violating any rules and regulations set by Poloniex. For further details, please refer to our Official Rules.