Update January 11, 2021:
The NEM team has pushed back the Symbol snapshot and launch date. We have updated this article to remove the prior snapshot date of January 14, 2021. Once we receive more information from the NEM team on the new snapshot and launch date, we will provide further updates in this article and on our Poloniex Twitter.
We’re excited to announce support for the Symbol (XYM) airdrop for NEM (XEM) holders on Poloniex. XEM holders do not have to do anything at this time. We will take a balance snapshot of all Poloniex XEM holders on the date outlined by the NEM team. XYM tokens will be then distributed to XEM holders once we list XYM following the Symbol network launch.
Here is some important information about the Symbol airdrop:
- XEM markets, deposits, and withdrawals will be disabled a few hours prior to the snapshot so we can prepare to take the balance snapshot.
- We will take a snapshot of all XEM balances at the time set by the NEM team.
- XEM open orders, lending offers, trigger orders, and pending withdrawals all count toward your snapshot balance.
- You must hold at least 2 XEM in your Poloniex account during the snapshot to be eligible for the airdrop.
- The airdrop will be distributed at a ratio of 1 XEM = 1 XYM. XEM will continue to be listed on Poloniex.
We intend to list XYM on Poloniex following the Symbol network launch. We will provide more details around this listing as that date approaches. For more information on the Symbol airdrop, please refer to this article from the NEM team.