We will begin the process of removing margin trading for STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC on December 7, 2020. All three pairs will remain available for trading in our spot markets.
Poloniex customers who are margin trading in our STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC markets need to begin taking immediate action to remove their positions and any collateral. Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- December 7, 2020 at 18:00 UTC:
- You will no longer be able to transfer STR or DASH into your Margin wallet or extend or increase your margin positions in our STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC markets.
- All open margin orders in these markets will be canceled.
- Moving forward, only orders that reduce your open margin positions in these markets will be accepted.
- January 6, 2021:
- We will begin shutting down the STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC margin markets.
- We will start to reduce the collateral value of any STR and DASH held in your Margin wallet.
- February 6, 2021:
- We will begin the process of liquidating any remaining open margin positions in the STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC margin markets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I close my open positions for the STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC margin markets?
A: Yes, you may close your margin positions using the ‘Close’ button under ‘Open Position’ within the margin trading page.
Q: Can I open any new margin positions in STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC?
A: As of December 7th, you will no longer be allowed to open margin positions in these markets.
Q: What happens if I don’t close my position(s) in the STR/BTC, STR/USDT, and DASH/BTC margin markets?
A: Any remaining positions will start being forced liquidated on February 6th.
Q: What happens if I have collateral in STR or DASH?
A: If you have any of your collateral for margin trading in STR or DASH, your collateral will start to be devalued on January 6, 2021. Lowering the value of your collateral will affect your current margin and decrease the amount you can borrow.