This guide is written for the purpose to guide users who are depositing tokens to Poloniex from their MetaMask Wallet.
Example: Transferring Floki Inu token from MetaMask to Poloniex Exchange via Binance Smart Chain (BSC network).
If you have not add BSC Network on Metamask, do follow this guide on how to Connect MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain (BSC). This will be a similar process for adding other Layer 1 EVM compatible blockchains but with different technical information on the network.
You can learn how to import FLOKI by following this comprehensive guide. You can use Coingecko to search and copy FLOKI BSC contract address, and paste it in the “Token address” field in MetaMask Wallet.
Best Practices before Depositing
Things to be aware of before starting to deposit:
- Make sure the depositing address and network chosen are correct.
- Deposit will need to fulfill a certain number of network confirmation before appearing in your account.
- Make sure you are depositing the correct crypto asset by clicking “View Contract Address” at the bottom of the page.
- For ERC-20 tokens deposit, it is important to set the right gas limit to avoid “out of gas” error. The transaction will fail if it is below the gas requirement needed to perform.
After clicking on the “View Contract Address”, FLOKI contract address will be shown in the profile summary.
Double-check whether the FLOKI you are depositing is correct by comparing the contract address on Coingecko (imported using MetaMask) with the FLOKI contract address on BSC explorer.
Transferring from MetaMask to Poloniex account
Do make sure there is enough BNB in your MetaMask wallet to be used as gas fee to process transactions. Here is a step-by-step guidance on how to send tokens from MetaMask wallet. You can read through this Poloniex Article on how to deposit coins and check deposit history. After the transaction has been completed, you can view your transaction history on BscScan;
On MetaMask App: Tap on Activity → Tap on FLOKI transaction → Proceed to view on “View On Bscscan”
How to deal with Missing Deposit?
In the event your deposit has yet to arrive after following through the above guidance, please contact Poloniex support by providing the following information in the description;
- Transaction Hash/TXID (can be found on Block Explorer page)
- Depositing network (e.g ETH, BSC, FTM, AVAX, Polygon, Solana, Polkadot, etc)
The Transaction Hash/TXID can be located on BscScan