This primer is designed to provide information about the launch of the New Trading System (NTS) that will power the Poloniex exchange.
Features in NTS
- Reduced latency
- Higher Throughput
- Higher Rate Limits
- Open Orders Limit - 2000
- Market Orders & Smart Orders
- New HTTP and Websockets API
- New SDKs - Python and Java with more to come after launch
Wallet Disabled - July 31st, UTC ~22:00 PM
Maintenance Mode - Aug 1st, UTC ~00:01 AM
Launch - Aug 1st, UTC ~12:00 PM
In order to make the switchover to the NTS, the platform will be put on maintenance mode. Approximately 2 hours before maintenance mode withdrawals/deposits will be turned off. During maintenance mode, all remaining open orders in the system will be canceled. When we come out of maintenance mode, there will be a period of time where deposits and withdrawals will continue to be disabled (about 2-3 hours).
NTS Rollout Plan
- Order Book
- All open orders in the legacy system will be closed during a maintenance window which will last about 8 - 10 hours.
- Please close positions and open orders in advance to avoid unnecessary losses as Poloniex will be in Maintenance Mode.
- Upon completion of maintenance mode, markets will be in Post-Only mode until ready to be opened for trading.
- ~2 hours prior to maintenance mode, wallets will be disabled.
- Wallets will continue to be disabled for ~2 hours after launch, after which, all funds in the wallets will be available and accessible.
A redesigned set of endpoints for both HTTP and Websockets are introduced that streamlines connectivity to NTS. The API docs will be made available at launch via https://docs.poloniex.com/. In the meantime, customers are encouraged to test Sandbox environment as described here https://docs.sandbox.poloniex.com/
NTS Production URLs
- HTTP: https://api.poloniex.com
- Websockets: wss://api.poloniex.com/ws
- Public: wss://ws.poloniex.com/ws/public
- Private: wss://ws.poloniex.com/ws/private