Ethereum is scheduled to start the Merge around September 15, 2022. As the world’s first exchange to support Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, Poloniex will fully support the upgrade.
As new tokens may be created by the potential hard fork of the Ethereum Merge, Poloniex will take the following measures to reduce risks caused by price fluctuations and protect users' assets. Details are as follows:
1. Deposits and withdrawals of ETH and ERC-20 tokens
Poloniex will pause deposits and withdrawals of ETH and ERC-20 tokens during the Merge:
- The Bellatrix consensus layer upgrade will start at 11:00 a.m., September 6, 2022 (UTC).
- The Paris execution layer upgrade will start at 2:00 a.m., September 15, 2022 (UTC).
Please make deposits or withdrawals in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
2. Spot and futures trading of ETH and ERC-20 tokens
- Spot trading of ETH and ERC-20 tokens will not be affected.
- Futures trading of ETH and ERC-20 tokens will not be affected. (Further information, please follow our upcoming announcements)
Since the Merge may be accompanied by high price volatility, please carefully assess the risks involved before making any transactions.
After the Merge is completed, Poloniex will resume deposits and withdrawals of ETH and ERC-20 tokens. Please follow our latest announcements for further details.
The Poloniex Team
August 29, 2022