Poloniex provided the withdrawal whitelist management feature on the evening of October 19th(UTC+8).
Adding value to our users by:
1. Users can manage the withdrawal whitelist address on the client side by themselves, providing an additional layer of protection for the security of their own assets.
2. The API withdrawal is more convenient and secure and can be withdrawn to a trusted whitelist address without security team verification.
IMPORTANT: Once this function is enabled, your account will only be able to withdraw to addresses on your whitelist.
1. Enable 2FA (You could check this article How to Set Up 2FA)
2. Navigate to Profile Page, Select Address Management, Enable Whitelist Address and Confirm it.
3. Security Verification (Email Verification Code or 2FA Code)
Note: the Email Verification Code will expire after 5 minutes
4. Add Withdrawal Address (Please make sure you choose to add the address to whitelist)
5. Security Verification
- 2FA needs to be enabled to use the address management function
- After the withdrawal whitelist mode is enabled, users can only withdraw to the whitelisted addresses.
- Users can select addresses from the addresses book for withdrawal. In whitelist mode, only whitelist addresses can be selected from the address book.
- For API users, after added whitelist addresses, they can quickly withdraw the whitelist addresses through the API without security verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can't I enter the address for withdrawal anymore after enabling the whitelist mode?
Ans: Once whitelist mode has been enabled, withdrawals are only allowed to the whitelisted addresses, you will need to add the address to the whitelisted list before the withdrawal is possible.
2. The addresses on my address book went missing after enabling whitelisting mode.
Ans: The addresses book maintains whitelist addresses and common addresses. When the whitelist mode is enabled, the addresses book will automatically filter out common addresses.